As we age our skin naturally loses its youthful glow. The older we get our production of collagen declines, and this results in sagging, wrinkles and a lack of plumpness in the skin. As our hormones start to change we can find that our skin can look dull, uneven and our cheeks become red and bumpy. Our hormones change during our monthly cycle, when we are pregnant and we go through menopause.
Drinking alcohol and smoking have a negative effect on your face and can make you easily look 10 years older. Skin conditions like eczema can also make our skin take a turn for the worse due to dryer, less hydrated skin.
What Causes Uneven textured Skin?
Uneven skin texture is caused by the build-up of excess dead skin cells that sit on the surface of our skin. Dead skin cells make our skin look dry and rough.
Other things that lead to uneven skin texture are not completely removing makeup or sunscreen, dirt, extremes in weather temperature; very hot or cold weather (switching between the two) and pollution.
As we age skin cells lose the ability to stay smooth, firm and moisturised. A woman’s hormones start to change from her late 30’s and it is around that age that we notice the first signs of aging. Once we hit mid 40’s we could possibly be peri-menopausal or be menopausal. At this point in our hormonal cycle the changes in our skin become clearly visible and it is really important to take care of your skin.
How To Make Skin On Face Smooth
- Follow a skin care routine.
If you have never looked after your skin before, now is the time to start. If you have followed a skincare routine, it’s time to use specific smoothing and moisturising products that nurture and smooth your skin. Check out the Korean skin care routine here.
- This is the most important part of your skincare routine.
Two to three times per week is more than enough to transform your skin. Allow 4 weeks of regular exfoliating to allow the skin to shed the dead cells and for the new cells to come to the surface. Check out this effective (and top rated) Korean exfoliant here.
- Use Korean moisturisers that smooth and hydrate the skin.
Korean women have great skin and they look young for their age. Korean products use ingredients from nature and provide gentle rejuvenation with maximum hydration. This is a great anti aging serum to use under your day and night cream.
- Wear sunscreen, SPF 50 if possible.
A sunscreen that provides maximum protection without leaving a white film on the skin is desirable.
- Use Korean mask sheets (face mask) once a week to target skin smoothness and hydration.
Mask sheets are really effective in adding in loads of moisture into our skin. There are many different types of masks for different skin types. We love the Pearl mask, which suits most skin types and ages and gives the skin a lovely pearl glow!
How To Improve Skin Texture And Complexion Naturally
Once you have your skincare routine and products in order what else can you do to get smooth skin on your face?
Taking care of yourself in regards to your diet and lifestyle will give you an avenue to take positive action that will lead to positive results. Here are a few things that you can do daily, to get smoother, more even toned skin.
- Drink more water
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Cut back on sodas and candy
- Wear sunscreen everyday
- Use skincare that contain essential oils
- Get a good night’s sleep, regularly
- Don’t smoke
- Reduce stress in your life; emotional, physical or mental
- Don’t use an exfoliant with harsh, scratchy granules in it
Simply by implementing a few changes, using a few new products and by taking care of yourself you can revive your skin.
Whether it’s dry and bumpy, or red and rough, by following a regular skincare routine that addresses;
- Applying treatments and masks
- And wearing sunscreen
You can turn your skin around within 30 – 60 days. Whatever is causing your uneven skin tone can be addressed either through a more thorough skincare routine, using better suited products (not more expensive products) or changing a few lifestyle habits.
You are not stuck with rough, dry skin. You can get smooth, glowing skin and feel better about your skin.
MORE BEST K BEAUTY
Korean Beauty Products Online
Korean Skin Secrets
- How To Get Smooth Skin On your Face
- How To Get Rid Of Age Spots – 6 Tips To Younger Skin
- How To Look Younger At 50 – 5 Tips That Work!
- Could This Be The Best Skincare Routine?
- Korean Skin Care Routine For Anti Aging
- Korean Skin Care Routine For Acne
- Korean Facial; Why It’s Better Than A Western Facial
- K Beauty Face Routine
- Korean Skin Care Routine For Oily Skin
- Korean Skin – 10 Minutes A Day To Your BEST EVER Skin!
- Korean Shop – 5 Reasons Why You Should Go Korean
- Asian Cosmetics – The Secret To Maintaining Your Beauty
- Korean Beauty Regime
- Korean Facials – Why They Are So Good!
- Korean Skin Care Tips For Acne
- Korean Skincare For Mature Skin – Anti Aging Skin Care Tips
- Best Korean Anti Aging Skin Care Products
- Best Korean Cosmetics
- Tony Moly Review…who is Tony Moly?
- How To Remove Blackheads – Blackhead Removal
- Best Products To Get Clear Skin
- How To Get Rid Of Acne The Korean Way
- How To Get Beautiful Skin Fast…Without Trying Too Hard
- Korean Whitening Cream To Lighten & Even Out Skin Tone
- Best Korean Face Mask…Find Out What Everyone Is Using!
- How To Get Glass Skin
- Korean Skincare Trends For 2018
- Top 5 Skin Care Products
- How To Have Great Skin Without Lazer Resurfacing Or Surgery
- How To Get Really Clear Skin – If You Have Acne
- Best Acne Treatment
- COSRX Acne Pimple Patch 24 + One Step Original Clear Pad Review
- Korean Beauty Care
- 5 Korean Skin Care Secrets You Need To Know
- Korean Skin Care Routine 10 Steps To Beautiful Skin
We are an affiliate of the StyleKorean affiliate program and from time to time we may recommend a product that they sell. If you purchase through our links we will receive a commission from that sale.
We are a participant in the Google Adsense program.
© 2019 Korean-skincare.com – All rights reserved
Adsense Disclosure: We are a participant in the Google Adsense program.
Affiliate Disclosure: We are an affiliate of the StyleKorean affiliate program. If you purchase through our links we will receive a commission from that sale.